Tuesday, July 10, 2007

SHOW TIME!!

My next show is on the near horizon. For some reason, I found myself dragging my feet a bit. I tend to get in over my head at times, but it feels good to start directing my every waking hour to this next project.
*****
Another part of my little business is decorating. I am currently working on two fairly large projects (one a master bathroom renovation and the other a kitchen [and other rooms]). I will share some pictures as the projects start coming together. I have been very blessed to have made connections with some great people. My clients are truly my friends. I guess that is when you know it's going to work.
*****
Anyway, back to the show prep..... I will be at the War Memorial Auditorium on August 4 and 5 for the Ft. Lauderdale Antiques and Collector Fair. I am really looking forward to this show as it is kind of a cozy atmosphere with about 60 vendors.....much smaller than the WPB shows, but just as interesting. The Fair opens on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. The $5 entrance fee is good for the entire weekend. Not bad....
*****
I am really excited to be offering some new items. The orders are in. I'll just be sweating the arrival like always. It seems to work out though. I'm still in the hunt for some cool old stuff. I have one really neat secretary top that is sitting on an old iron stand that I keep debating upon keeping for myself. I think that defeats the purpose though, right? It is truly one of the most interesting pieces I have seen in a long time. I'm sure it will be with me at the show. I'm going to tweak it a bit with my own custom look and will share some pictures prior to the show.
*****
Well, back to work for me. I'll be back soon with more news.......
*****
"Be the flower that blooms...butterflies will come."
*****
Warm wishes. Sweet dreams. Carol








No comments: