Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Keep Those Shipments Coming!!!

I have been steadily receiving shipments for the August 4 & 5 show at the War Memorial Auditorium in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm anxious to share some pictures with you. Keep in mind, please, that I am trying to get familiar with my husband's digital camera and have not gotten the lighting down, among other things. I think I prefer natural light to artificial, however, it was late and I wanted to get something going.........so........here goes.......
*****
This picture and the next are just a sampling of the lovely charms from Cathy Penton Designs. She has truly outdone herself this time. My photography is not doing them justice, but I will keep working at it.
*****
The second picture shows a couple of offerings for Halloween....a holiday not even celebrated in Australia (did you know that??), but she made two adorable charms to help us celebrate just the same. I think they turned out great. Flanking those two charms is a card from Barbara Schriber. Her cards and other offerings never disappoint.
I am pleased to say both these items (charms and cards) sold very well at the last show, so I'm excited to be bringing more to you.
*****
My calico kitty, Gracie, would like to present some incredible items from Secret Leaves. Their offerings surpassed even my wildest expectations. Sharon and Ann.....you are both quite talented and I am very proud to show your work to the masses.
*****
What you see here are two photo albums (on top shelf) the old fashioned way. The covers are actual covers from vintage books. Pictures are to be applied via corner tabs. I will have some of those available also.
*****

Also included here are incredibly unique "Take Cover" journals. They are also made from old book covers with blank pages for all your secret, and not so secret, thoughts. You'll also find other assorted journals, mini notebooks, note cards, and gift enclosures.

Now, do you see that small book in the center. That is truly the cream of the crop. It is called a "Scrap Journal." It is a small book of old pages of all sorts. And I do mean old. A few pages show a date of 1941. It is SO COOL. They are one of a kind in every detail. I will admit, I didn't "get it" at first. When I read the description, I couldn't picture it, but let me tell you......it's gorgeous. My husband and I truly enjoyed turning each page for the next discovery. There are places for your own thoughts throughout as well. Here are two other close-ups of this little beauty.


















*****
Please join me in August for an up close & personal. I really think you will love these items.
*****
By the way, the mustard colored table in the background was quite a find. It is solid mahogany under that paint and I am getting ready to make the big reveal in time for the show. I will keep a bit of the color and maybe add some other touches, but I have high hopes for this piece that, when seen from the side, actually has a bit of an Asian flare. I'll include pictures when it's done.
*****
I also received my shipment from These Flowers, This Moon. These are beautiful, handmade jewelry items made from vintage findings and often times, genuine stones. What I think is so interesting is that the artist, Kelly McGreal, has designed the most unique tags for her work. On each one is a Haiku poem indicative of the piece displayed. Take a look below.
*****
These are one of my favorite pair of earrings. They are called Honeycomb Earrings. They have a brass honeycomb combined with a citrine on a long chain behind it that makes it look like
a drop of honey dripping from the comb. Two little bees finish it off. I am wearing my pair today and LOVE them.
*****
To the right is the Charm of the Sea bracelet and Sea Salt earrings....very appropriate for these here parts..... I expect them to be very popular. I really love the way they look with my beach findings and star fish.
*****
I think that is it for now. Enough already, right??? Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed these pictures and that it has wetted your appetite enough to join me in Ft. Lauderdale. Of course, pre-sales are always available on anything you see and so much more. Please let me know.....
*****
For now I wish you......
Warm wishes.....Sweet dreams.....
Carol

3 comments:

marie said...

Hi again! Lovely things! I just forgot to say that I´m writing you from Sweden.

Kelly said...

Carol,

Best of luck with your show. I'm so happy to see the arrival of so many beautiful products for your display! Thanks so much for your business...I'll be anxious to hear of your successes!

Kelly

cathypentonatelier said...

Thanks carol for saying such lovely things about my charms... Would so love to hear how your show went...
Take care