Thursday, September 27, 2007

Office Halloween

I know I've said it before, but we truly have to imagine the seasons down here. So.....at my "real" job (the one that pays the bills and insurance), I played around with my window sill. I have a tiny little office at the end of the hall on the third floor with a great window and deep sill. I lovingly grow some great plants and even an orchid there. My orchid has bloomed twice since I placed it there over a year ago. Amazing!! Today I brought the camera to work to play around with it a little bit.
















The window, itself, did not allow for an overall picture due to the glare. This little upper corner shows just a piece of an old window frame taken from a 1920's house, sans the glass, but lots of chippy paint in about 3 colors. The iron piece was on the top of an old gate (I think). It is very heavy, but I think it is very cool. I was glad to find a place for it.
*****
These two birds are from two pictures that hang on another wall. You know my love of birds. I couldn't resist these two prints that I picked up at SunFest a few years ago and had framed. They will be with me wherever I go.

From the wise old (and dearly departed) Ralph Waldo Emerson...."Make the most of yourself for that is all there is of you."
Warm wishes. Sweet dreams.
Carol

No comments: