Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rainy Days and Thursdays

It's a rainy day here in South Florida today. We need it so badly, I really cannot complain. I know my garden and garden friends are enjoying it immensely.
*****
Last weekend we had the sprinkler on and it was creating a mist that a Cardinal couple was enjoying so much it made me think they hadn't seen water in awhile. I am sorry I did not have my camera at the ready to take pictures to share. They sat on the edge of the green fencing we have to put around the beds to keep Jasper (our German Shorthair Pointer) from stampeding through everything, and fluttered their wings in pure enjoyment for about 5 minutes. The way the sun peeked through the branches and such, it was incredible. You almost couldn't look away.
*****
Like when we were in Camden, Maine....if you've ever been to the Camden Deli and sat in the back overlooking the harbor with the mallard ducks floating just below the window, perhaps you have found, like me, that you really can't take your eyes off them. It's like watching another part of the world that carries on while we are carrying on in our own. When you think of it, there really is a lot going on that we don't really notice. When I actually do notice it, it stops me in my tracks for a few minutes. It's a good reprieve from the day, really.

*****
Please enjoy the day with Warm Wishes and Sweet Dreams........Carol










2 comments:

Lana Manis said...

Dear Carol,
I'm sorry I haven't been to your blog to post lately ~ I've been busy working on orders, yours included. So don't think I've forgotten you! I enjoy coming here to read ~ it's always a peaceful respite from the busy world around us.
Take Care & God Bless,
Lana

Carol Keller Bass said...

Lana - I just noticed your comment and am thrilled. Thank you for taking the time to write. I know you are most busy these days. Wishing you a fabulous vacation/hiatus.
Thanks again!! Carol