Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Just Meet the Nicest People!!

Well, I'm back in the swing after having taken a little get-away weekend to visit family in Georgia. I have family in Smyrna and my husband's family is down in Forsyth. Guess what town is smack-dab in between? That would be McDonough, home to The Plum Tree Antiques. I have a link to their store's blog under "Favorite Places to Visit." I could not pass up the opportunity to stop in to see one of the places I love to visit online and to meet Dawn. I had a wonderful time and was so proud to walk in and say hi, and to tell her I have her link on my little blog. She was precious, as was her store. Take a look at some of the pictures.







I love this picture. It's so charming. I'm on the serious look-out for a bike like this to add to my own garden. It looks like the same bike I learned to ride on so many moons ago. Such memories....scraped knees and all.

I enjoyed so much talking "shop" with Dawn. She and I both commented on the wonder of the kinship and network this blog thing has become for so many women-run businesses. It is great. And I just can't say enough for how sweet she is. Truly, Southern Hospitality abounds at The Plum Tree. It is worth the trip for sure. Here are some more pics....










I can only imagine what her place must look like come the Fall. I will have to visit again. I know we all were wishing for some Fall-like weather as it was a scorcher!!

I left Dawn and The Plum Tree feeling so wonderfully full and rich in the warmth of new friendship. Thank you, Dawn, for making us all feel so welcome. Your store is truly a treasure that I will visit many times over.

And one more little mention here -- Thank You! I have received some very nice comments from people I am only just now meeting and from those who have visited past shows. Your words are very heart-felt ,and I appreciate you and your comments. Sometimes I think these blogs become public diaries of sorts and we don't realize who might read our inner most thoughts. To have others take the time to send well wishes....well, I am truly touched and say thank you again.

So for now....I wish you....

Warm wishes. Sweet dreams.

Carol

5 comments:

Becky said...

Oh I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I'm am so jealous you got to see Dawn's store. I go to Florida often,(Hubby is from there) and I can't wait for my next trip there so I can stop in on Dawn too. I'm excited to get to know you more.
Till next time.
Smiles,
Becky

Becky said...

Oh I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I'm am so jealous you got to see Dawn's store. I go to Florida often,(Hubby is from there) and I can't wait for my next trip there so I can stop in on Dawn too. I'm excited to get to know you more.
Till next time.
Smiles,
Becky

The Feathered Nest said...

Thank you so much dear Carol for your kind words about our store and me, too!! It really was so nice to meet you and your family. You are such a sweetie and I'm so glad you made a point to come on to the store. I hope to talk to you much in the future and your little birds will be on their way very soon! xxoo, Dawn

Mary said...

Thanks so much Carol for sharing lovely pics of The Plum Tree - I've been wanting to visit there for so long. Hope to get that way soon and meet Dawn who sounds so sweet on her blog.

SweetAnnee said...

YOU are so lucky!! I would LOVE to go visit Daw..I love her BLoG and the fun store!!
smiles, Deena