Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where in the world is.......???

Wow, two months have gone by with no word. It is easy to become invisible sometimes. Family issues arise that one is not prepared for, but must deal with nonetheless. Things at work, things at home....before you know it, two months or more have passed.



I am also locked out of this website at my work, and without a computer at home, has made communicating with the outside world rather difficult. I am locked out of my favorite blogs: Curious Sofa, A Feathered Nest, Cathy Penton Designs, and Elizabeth House....just to name a few. I highly suggest taking a look at Elizabeth Maxson's latest entry. She has just lived through a very scary ordeal, but one that will no doubt make her so, so strong. I am such a softy....cried through the whole read.



So what have I learned during my two-month hiatus? That family is so precious. That new family members that we weren't expecting can have such a positive influence. That the only person we have control over is ourselves. That people have to be left alone to live their own lives and suffer their own consequences, even though we (or I) wish to fix it for them. Some of these are tough lessons for me, but I'm learning.



I hope to be back on my blog soon with more interesting information and pictures from projects I am finishing....Dottie's beautiful new kitchen, powder room, and a new niche turned computer cabinet (soon to be finished) and Denise's most beautiful and elegant master bathroom. I am very proud of both of these projects. Finishing touches to be added still, but the majority of it is finished. Hopefully, I will have a few new projects coming up in the new year.



I truly wish that my blogging friends have had the most blessed of holidays. It was a very different holiday for me this year as my mother and grandmother moved a year ago and this was my first Christmas without them nearby. My son was also away. So it was quiet for us, but we made it special by spending some good times with other family and friends. And as for my mom.....well, I am writing this from her house in Georgia. I just couldn't stay away, I guess.



Wishing you all the most precious of life's experiences and blessings in 2008!!



Carol

3 comments:

Lana Manis said...

Dear Carol,
Thinking of you and letting you know your and your family are in my prayers.
Happy New Year!

Lana Manis said...

Carol, just checking on you. Hope all is well.

God Bless,
Lana

志維志維志維 said...

請繼續發表好文!加油加油加油! .................................................................